Thursday 22 March 2012

At Techno Classica 2012

Yes, I was in Essen earlier this week to stroll through halls and halls full of classics at Techno Classica. Plenty of Mercs and Porsches there but fortunately MINI (by BMW) brought out a fabulous foursome of Mini derivatives (or actually three plus a Metro based Midas). I think they like linking them to their new Mini Coupe which makes no sense to me, but at least it was good to see them. I believe two of the four cars are based in Germany and the other two in The Netherlands. Together with France these seems to become more and more lively places for fans of Mini based stuff. On the other hand I didn't see any others at the show boasting no less then 1,200 stands and over 2,500 classic cars, or did I miss out on them..?

Well known 1996 Marspeed GTO remains one gorgeous car. More about it here
Picture Jeroen Booij

This GTM Coupe seemed very well built. But why those 15" tractor wheels?
Picture Jeroen Booij

Drop top Midas Gold was lovely, but is based on the Metro rather then the Mini
Picture Jeroen Booij

Mini Marcos Mk4 is a regular at shows and events. Spotted here last summer
Picture Jeroen Booij

No comments:

Post a Comment