Thursday 9 April 2015

Resurrected Ogle SX1000 now for sale

I was pleasantly surprised to stumble upon this advertisement for an Ogle SX1000, for sale with Miniya Ai Fragile in Japan. Some eight years ago I saw the same car tucked away in a Tokyo barn with flat tyres gathering dust. Back then I could not even see it had a lovely red interior! It wears chassis number 43 and according to the seller uses a Kent tuned 1100cc engine, which I remember from when I saw it. They say it has been fully restored. Asking price? 5 million Yens - some 28,000 GBP at the moment…

Pretty colour for an Ogle SX1000. What's the history of this one?
Picture courtesy Miniya Ai Fragile

 Engine bay looks spic and span. 1100cc is supposedly Kent tuned
Picture courtesy Miniya Ai Fragile

 Where will it drive to now that it has come up for sale?
Picture courtesy Miniya Ai Fragile

 And this is how I knew it, spotted in a Tokyo barn back in 2007
Picture Jeroen Booij

'TGS 148' was looking pretty much sorry for itself back then
Picture Jeroen Booij

Ogle horse stood fierce even under layers of dust
Picture Jeroen Booij

No comments:

Post a Comment